Old October 6th 13, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Driverless Trains

"tim......" wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message
"tim......" wrote:
wrote in message ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ditioning.html

what's all the bolliox about no connecting door, like Siemens have just invented this.

Other countries have had this for ages

Yes, but they've never been available on our small diameter Tube trains.

I don't see why "our" is significant.

It's based on a press release about possible future London Tube trains.
It's not a survey on world Metro systems.

If you are trying to say it isn't available on small diameter Tube
trains, then you are wrong

Copenhagen has them and that is most definitely not a large profile tunnel

Are they articulated?

So what's new here, other than it being new to the UK?

You need articulated trains to make it possible with narrow body shells

..

But that's not new either.

All we have here is current technology being brought to the UK 10 years
(plus) after other countries have got it

what's to shout about (from a technology pov)?

This is based on a press release to tell Londoners about their possible
future trains. It's not an engineering research journal.