Old October 8th 13, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default The Economist on the Overground

On 08/10/2013 18:00, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 18:09:36 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

A friend who has lived all her life in Haringey(?) and the City once
phoned me to come and meet her at Wimbledon, where the District Line
runs out before the place she needed to get to.

And? I am sure there are plenty of people who are "lost" if they
venture off their normal routes whether they are used to the "big
railway" or the tube or the buses.

Mainly native Londoners, in my experience. Incomers are more likely to
have figured out a wider area.

You are just repeating your regular "wind up" of those people who live
in "tube land" and who have not learned to swallow the entire Southern
Region (or TOC equivalent) timetable whole ;-)

People seem to worry that they will get confused by having to wait up to
15 min for a train and also have to check where (rather than just which
direction) it is going.

On the Underground that might be an issue for far-Metropolitan Line
Land, but they only person I know from that way used Chiltern and has
moved anyway.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK