Old October 9th 13, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Duck Tours Boat Fire

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 18:19:14 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:42:15 -0500
Recliner wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
On 08/10/2013 13:26, Recliner wrote:

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 04:36:59 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I didn't see this he
It says the Duck people have had their licence revoked in Liverpool.

Different companies, of course. I suppose it wasn't posted here as
it's not really to do with transport in London -- it's just a tourism
thing.

We manage to have postings on here about the cable car though... ;-)

Well, it is transport of a sort, in that it's a regular service that picks
you up in one place and deposits you in another, across the river. The
problem isn't about whether it's transport, just whether there isn't
already a better, if less scenic, way to cross the river in that area. The
Ducks are just a bus tour of central London including a short stretch in
the Thames.

With optional on board BBQ.

Obviously down to poor maintenance. If it was a design flaw it would have
happened decades ago given the age of those things.

I suppose it could be something like an oil pipe fracture.