Old October 13th 13, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Piatkow Piatkow is offline

Default M25 River Crossing

On Saturday, 12 October 2013 13:29:17 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
As a matter of interest, why is the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge not

designated as a Motorway? Can I report the Department for Transport

to the Advertising Standards Authority for misleadingly describing the

M25 as an 'orbital motorway' when the 'orbit' is incomplete?

The crossing was orignally the joint responsibility of Essex and Kent County Councils who presumably did not have the authority to operate a motorway.

I imagine that the legislative framework under which the crossing operates would require changing and this probably isn't worth the expense just to have blue road signs instead of green.