Old October 16th 13, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Rail

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:43:44 +0100
On 2013-10-15 13:48:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Royal Mail stopped being a "decent nationalised industry" about 25 years ago.

I've got a plan - let's privatise it and give instant million pound
gains to Osborne's hedge fund mates.

More like all the small investors who bought shares who made a few quid. And
why not?

Anyway , people forget BT used to be part of the Post Office and that hasn't
done too badly as a private company. If the phone system was still part of
the GPO we'd all still be using 56K modems for internet access. And you'd
probably have to rent them!

And you'd have to wait a year for the second phone line for the modem.