Old October 21st 13, 07:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
kenw[_2_] kenw[_2_] is offline

Default Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

Dear all

Sorry to be a bore, but having been avoiding Bank and the Northern for
two or three years I need to go from Woolwich Arsenal to Euston
tomorrow morning, arriving at Euston by 10.10. My "tin leg" is not sure
which way to go

Journey Planner tells me that via Bank is the fastest and least changes
for pax with no mobility issues
But DirectEnquiries.com tells me there are 32+33 steps between the DLR
and Northern lines.

If I "can use escalators but not stairs" she wants me to go either via
Green Park or Stratford - StP, both of which seem long ways round (and
of course the Highspeed leg would cost full fare, since the Freedom
Pass is not valid and it would be before the Senior Railcard applies)

London Bridge is hard work in the rush hour when I use a walking stick
and carry bags.

Is there an alternative at Bank – involving fewer steps, not
necessarily step-free.
Or another, easier alternative route?

TIA

Kenw