Old October 21st 13, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

On 21/10/2013 08:02, kenw wrote:
Dear all

Sorry to be a bore, but having been avoiding Bank and the Northern for
two or three years I need to go from Woolwich Arsenal to Euston tomorrow
morning, arriving at Euston by 10.10. My "tin leg" is not sure which way
to go

Journey Planner tells me that via Bank is the fastest and least changes
for pax with no mobility issues
But DirectEnquiries.com tells me there are 32+33 steps between the DLR
and Northern lines.

Is there an alternative at Bank – involving fewer steps, not necessarily
step-free.
Or another, easier alternative route?

How many is "too many" in steps terms?

The standard route from the DLR to the Northern Line is from the first
door past the divide in the first unit of the DLR, diagonally out left,
turn left down the corridor, up the escalator, do a hairpin turn right
back on yourself and down about 20 steps to the north end of the
Northern Line platforms.

I think the escalator can be bypassed via the lift if it's working.

I *think* it is suggesting that you take the steps up from the eastern
end (who knows if it really is, but it's where the front of the train
leaving Bank is) of the DLR platforms which end up mid-platform on the
Northern Line. These are, I think, meant for the other interchange only
- I certainly rarely encounter people going up them (DLR-Northern) but
lots going down (Northern-DLR)