Old October 21st 13, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:02:03 +0100, kenw wrote:

Dear all

Sorry to be a bore, but having been avoiding Bank and the Northern for
two or three years I need to go from Woolwich Arsenal to Euston
tomorrow morning, arriving at Euston by 10.10. My "tin leg" is not sure
which way to go

Is there an alternative at Bank – involving fewer steps, not
necessarily step-free.
Or another, easier alternative route?

It's difficult given so many routes will be very busy.

Woolwich - Canning Town - Green Park - Euston can be done with
escalators / lifts but clearly the tube elements will be busy.

Will the westbound Jubilee be packed as early as Canning Town?

An alternative is Woolwich - Stratford - Highbury and Islington -
Euston. There are steps at Highbury between the connecting corridor
and Victoria line platforms. There are lifts to / from the Overground
at Stratford and Highbury plus a down escalator at Highbury. The only
disadvantage may be the walking distance at Stratford between DLR and
Overground.

Is the H&I escalator work finished yet?