Old October 27th 13, 01:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Storm St Jude...

In message , at 14:12:21 on
Sun, 27 Oct 2013, Paul Corfield remarked:
I suggest you check the weather forecast again. The storm is scheduled
overnight not during daylight hours. I am amazed given the never
ending hype about the storm that you've got the time wrong!

I haven't, the winds have been getting later and later quite
consistently. (The rain will precede the winds by a few hours though,
but it's the winds that are more likely to affect transport and
electricity).

I've changed my plans and will be doing some errands this evening that
were pencilled in for Monday morning, and stay at home tomorrow.

I suggest you review your plans then.

I suggest you re-check the forecast! The Amber Warning for London
doesn't even come into force until 3am tomorrow morning.

In the north of Cambs, the highest wind speed is at 9am (under the Met
Office's 3hr granularity). 26mph gusting 45mph, which is quite a bit
lower maximum than for London (eg 33/60 at Heathrow at 6am).