Old October 27th 13, 02:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
General General is offline

Default Storm St Jude...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

In the north of Cambs, the highest wind speed is at 9am (under the Met
Office's 3hr granularity). 26mph gusting 45mph, which is quite a bit
lower maximum than for London (eg 33/60 at Heathrow at 6am).
==========================

I really wouldn't take that as gospel - the UKMO warnings system tends to be
a few hours out of date. Also, this is a low that's still evolving and its
exact development and track still retains a significant degree of
uncertainty, even now. As far as one can tell, it looks like the low will
zip across the country more quickly than some models were suggesting a day
or so back with max gusts eg in Ely probably around 0300-0400. But that's
still 12 hours away (and subject to change with this sort of system that
even the high-res models have trouble in handling). For latest information
you could always check through this thread later on this evening:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/foru...al-storm-chat/

(Sorry - rather OT here, but since I happened to be having a quick
browse...)

JGD