Old October 27th 13, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Storm St Jude...

In message , at 15:44:53 on
Sun, 27 Oct 2013, General remarked:
In the north of Cambs, the highest wind speed is at 9am (under the Met
Office's 3hr granularity). 26mph gusting 45mph, which is quite a bit
lower maximum than for London (eg 33/60 at Heathrow at 6am).

I really wouldn't take that as gospel - the UKMO warnings system tends
to be a few hours out of date.

It's OK, I went and did my errands, the ones people were advising
against, and didn't encounter any bad weather. Back home now.