Old November 1st 13, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster error - how does this happen

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at 15:43:19 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Recliner remarked:
What is interesting with the ITSO card applications on National Rail
is the insistence on the cards always being used to touch in and out.
I confess, apart from gathering passenger usage stats, I do not see
the reason for mandating card validation for season tickets. If there
are ticket gates then fair enough but ungated stations have those
teensy validators on poles. If the TOCs were offering PAYG or
something similar on their smart tickets then I can completely
understand making validation compulsory.

Is it mind-games like those played by TfL, where they insist *everyone*
to touch in and out, just to make sure that the PAYG people they want to
charge are conditioned to touch in and out. Meanwhile the season ticket
holders are doing an irrelevant dance.

But TfL don't insist that everyone touch in and out, only Oyster users.

sigh this thread is about Oyster cards.

Yes, but not everyone using TfL services uses Oyster.