Old April 10th 04, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
juvenal juvenal is offline

Default How many stations in London?

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...
I've been wondering how many metro style stations there are in London.
This includes every tube station, the DLR, national rail lines like the
North London line and the south London commuter lines that are included
in the Overground Network. Does anyone know how many stations there
are, or where I might be able to find out (other than by counting them
all on a map!)?

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
I don't have a physical beard, but I feel that my spirit does.

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
There are 20,000,000 women wearing kinky boots.

The LC map provides 687 stations in the index. Substracting the stations
featured outside zone boundaries gives us 594, and subtracting the Tramlink
stops that are not interchanges with stations leaves a figure of 562. I did
this fairly quickly, multiplying the index columns, and I didn't check two
errors I suspect I made, but it's a total to work on.

Regarding Clive's point, the KX/St.P complex is listed as four separate
stations on the map (KX, St. P, KX Thameslink, and KXSt.P LU).