Old November 2nd 13, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Bank station: DLR - Northern interchange?

On 01/11/2013 21:39, wrote:
On Monday, October 21, 2013 8:41:25 AM UTC+1, Someone Somewhere wrote:

I *think* it is suggesting that you take the steps up from the eastern
end (who knows if it really is, but it's where the front of the train
leaving Bank is) of the DLR platforms which end up mid-platform on the
Northern Line. These are, I think, meant for the other interchange only
- I certainly rarely encounter people going up them (DLR-Northern) but
lots going down (Northern-DLR)

It's heavily used in both directions at morning and evening peaks.

Doesn't make it the best or recommended route.

Plenty of people in Bank station during the peaks follow cretinous
routes to try and accelerate their own journeys regardless of whether it
interrupts other flows and inconveniences other customers