Old November 13th 13, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Elephant and Castle tube station

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2013\11\12 00:44, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:28:20 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:31:43 -0600,

wrote:

There are two entrances at different bits of the roundabouts system.
Which of the Bakerloo and Northern is the old LER building on the
corner of London Road and Newington Causeway?

If I had to guess I would say Bakerloo but it would be nice to be
sure.

It is the Bakerloo Line ticket hall there.

The Northern Line ticket hall is directly opposite the Met Tabernacle
and adjacent to the shopping centre.

Thanks both Paul and Stephen.

I presume there are underground passages from the Northern Line to the
older exit that are readily accessible? The TfL Journey Planner
suggests so.

Yes - both lines and ticket halls are linked underground. I think the
place was given a refurb a couple of years ago. It's been ages since I
went through either bit of E&C tube station. I tend to end up there
by bus!

Are you saying there are connections between the lines (which I would
expect) and also between the ticket halls (which seems pointless)?

except as part of the subway system under the very busy and complex road
junction.

--
Colin Rosenstiel