Old November 14th 13, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_3_] Basil Jet[_3_] is offline

Default Elephant and Castle tube station

On 2013\11\14 08:12, Offramp wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2013 21:31:43 UTC, wrote:
There are two entrances at different bits of the roundabouts system. Which

of the Bakerloo and Northern is the old LER building on the corner of London

Road and Newington Causeway?

If I had to guess I would say Bakerloo but it would be nice to be sure.

Remember what that station used to be like in the 1970s & 80s? The proverbial cross between (all together!) Threads and The Equalizer.
Scary and very unpleasant.
Whenever I used to hear "Don't Sleep in the Subway, Darling" it was always the warren of subways beneath E&C that I imagined the singer's husband having a quick kip in.

I've never heard the song, but I presume it's a warning against falling
asleep on a train rather than bedding down for the night in a corridor.