Old November 15th 13, 01:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 2014 fares - announced soon?

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:47:25 +0000, Mizter T wrote:

On 14/11/2013 22:15, Arthur Figgis wrote:

On 13/11/2013 21:05, Paul Corfield wrote:

Passengers will be happy

I think we can exclude that possibility

Jolly good ;-)

I'm already livid! Not least because in the absence of an

announcement I haven't yet been given the chance to get angry yet.
Maybe Boris's plan is simply not to make an announcement. Or else he
could arrange for an extra-marital dalliance or two to make front
page news on the day of the announcement. The 'Affairs to bury Bad
Fares Affair'. And if it happened on the Helter Skelter or Ghost
Train then Funfair could be added in to the mix. On second thoughts,
I'll leave the punning headlines to the subs on the Standard.

Well he *must* take a Mayoral Decision and he must publish it. Whether
he announces it is up to him but you can guarantee that London
journalists and bloggers will be watching that bit of the Mayoral
website. I'm certainly keeping an eye on it but I don't expect to be
first to spot the decision!

Doesn't he have to give notice five days beforehand when he considers making
a decision?

--
Colin Rosenstiel