Old November 16th 13, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Piccadilly line 'bustitution' to Heathrow this weekend

On 2013-11-16 09:04:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

HEx is only intended as a replacement for taxis (ie for people who had
it not existed would have taken a taxi), it's not in competition with
any other rail-based modes.

Not really - HEx is still half the price of a taxi unless you share a
cab. I got it last week for the first time in a while and was surprised
to find the fare as high as £20 (for some reason I had £14 one way in
my mind). But isn't a taxi to Westminster about £40 at least?

I would have got Connect or the Piccadeilly line otherwise but as
others note Paddington is not a great place anyway. To get to Dalston
Junction I needed five trains: HEx-Padd, Padd-Edgware Rd, Edgware
Rd-King's Cross, King's Cross-Highbury, Highbury-Dalst J.

Suppose I could have gone via Oxford Circus.

E.