Old November 16th 13, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Piccadilly line 'bustitution' to Heathrow this weekend

In message 2013111610301056084-nospam@nospamcom, at 10:30:10 on Sat,
16 Nov 2013, eastender remarked:
HEx is only intended as a replacement for taxis (ie for people who
had it not existed would have taken a taxi), it's not in competition
with any other rail-based modes.

Not really - HEx is still half the price of a taxi unless you share a
cab. I got it last week for the first time in a while and was surprised
to find the fare as high as £20 (for some reason I had £14 one way in
my mind). But isn't a taxi to Westminster about £40 at least?

How they choose to set the fare has little to do with the business
objective, which was entirely about replacing taxis (in the vicinity of
Heathrow towards London; taxis onward from Paddington are not affected).