Old April 10th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default Local/Express bus routes

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

Vancouver has something similar as well - they have a mesh of local bus
services, and for rapid transit, they have two light rail lines serving
the middle-southwest part of the city, plus three express bus routes, the
B-Lines, in the other areas. they run articulated buses, have few stops,
and get you around fast. i think they're equivalent to normal buses in
terms of fares etc.

In Vancouver, everything's equivalent in terms of fare though. You buy
ticket ("transfer") and it's valid wherever you want to go, by any mode, for
(I think) two hours. The upshot of this is that any journey across a certain
number of zones will cost the same. It makes everything much less confusing,
although I don't think they have a travelcard equivalent that lasts all day,
monthly or similar.

Jonn