Old November 16th 13, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Piccadilly line 'bustitution' to Heathrow this weekend

On 16/11/2013 12:43, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 11:40:46 +0000, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

On 16/11/2013 11:18, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 10:30:10 +0000, eastender

On 2013-11-16 09:04:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

To get to Dalston
Junction I needed five trains: HEx-Padd, Padd-Edgware Rd, Edgware
Rd-King's Cross, King's Cross-Highbury, Highbury-Dalst J.

Suppose I could have gone via Oxford Circus.

Or via Whitechapel - 1 change to the H&C. Slow but a lot less palaver.

Alternatively I'd have gone to Warren St on the tube and then jumped
on a 27 or 205 bus (assuming you have a Travelcard rather than PAYG).

All depends on how laden down with bags you are I guess.

Why the 27 or 205 - neither of them goes to Dalston Junction?

I did say go to Warren St *on the tube* and change to these buses.
Getting off the Vic Line to street is via two escalators and no steps.
The bus stop is just round the corner and you're dropped right at
Paddington Praed St and avoid all the faff with stairs and narrow
corridors or long walks at Paddington Circle Line or Paddington H&C.

It all depends on how someone weighs the time and convenience factors.
The bus can be fairly quick along the Marylebone Rd IME.

Wasn't he going TO Dalston Junction and not from it?

Of course, it works just as well in reverse although personally I'd have
thought H&C to Whitechapel and then Overground is probably the best
route (as has previously been mentioned)