Old July 18th 03, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Transport science

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
This isn't strictly a London matter, but it could be I
suppose!
I'm looking for an online resource where I can learn the
basics of transport science.

What exactly is "transport science"? I can think of all
kinds of different disciplines that are relevant to
transport -- engineering, physics, mathematics, economics,
etc etc, but I am not aware of anything called transport
science. What is it?

A catch all term for the subjects you've just mentioned.

Thanks for your earlier reply BTW - I took a look at the site you mentioned
but as a beginner it was a bit advanced for my purposes. I appreciate the
information though. I was thinking mainly of the ways that transport flows
are studied and controlled, how they work (e.g. how traffic flows around
cities or pedestrians around stations), an introduction to how they are
modelled, those sort of ideas if you can understand what I'm after (although
with very little knowledge of the area to begin with, it's difficult to
define).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7