Old November 21st 13, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:22:08 on
Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Recliner remarked:
Blimey - I knew fewer ticket offices is the general direction of things,
but wasn't expecting quite such a radical proposal. The pill is of
course sweetened by the plan for 24hr running on some Tube lines, which
in its own right is most welcome.

It's been rumoured for a while, and is I suppose the inevitable
consequence of the move to largely smartcard and machine-bought
tickets.

A lot of passengers still queue up at the ticket windows at the moment,
especially at major rail terminals, so there's going to be quite a bit of
user education to do (and tourists/infrequent visitors are the least
likely to be in possession of the relevant smartcards).

and how am I going to get the journey history from my Oyster to use as a
receipt?

:-(

tim