Old November 21st 13, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

---quote---
Every ticket office on the Tube is to shut by 2015 under plans that
will see 750 jobs cut.

Transport for London (TfL) said staff will be moved from behind
ticket office windows to be in the station itself to help passengers.

The Tube will also run 24 hours a day on Fridays and Saturdays on
some lines.
[...]
TfL says six major central London stations will have special customer
points to help tourists and that every station will be staffed while
the tube is running.
---/quote---

Blimey - I knew fewer ticket offices is the general direction of
things, but wasn't expecting quite such a radical proposal. The pill
is of course sweetened by the plan for 24hr running on some Tube
lines, which in its own right is most welcome.

Are they going to introduce Oyster history printing facilities at ticket
machines then? That can only be obtained from ticket offices now. If your
card is registered you can get it on the web but that is not the same as is
on the card as I discovered when my wife was diddled and isn't available at
all until the next day.

--
Colin Rosenstiel