Old November 22nd 13, 08:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In message , at 19:21:18 on Thu, 21 Nov
2013, Mizter T remarked:
But my understanding is that they are refusing some foreign/prepay cards
because of problems in the back-office processing, rather than because
there's a technical issue with the cards themselves.

Fair point. I don't know what it is that's deficient when it comes to
some foreign issued contactless cards.

The problem is probably setting up a relationship with the foreign
banks, dealing with things like over-limit credit cards and exhausted
pre-pay cards. We know buses aren't online. It's a bit like the old
"Electron/Solo" restriction.