Old November 22nd 13, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:59:44 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
I think it's about 15 years after its time. City transport networks
need simple, automated ticketing. Ticket offices are for the mainline
- and TBH I see a reduced need for them there as well - better to
have them out showing how to use the machine next time.

I generally agree with you but there are lots of tickets that can
currently only be bought from a ticket office. As an example can I get
a £2 travelcard for a child travelling with me while I use my Gold Card
from any machines?