Old November 22nd 13, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
.net...
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:11:38 +0000, Mizter T wrote:
Blimey - I knew fewer ticket offices is the general direction of

things,
but wasn't expecting quite such a radical proposal. The pill is of course
sweetened by the plan for 24hr running on some Tube lines,

which
in its own right is most welcome.

I don't think the Tube needs ticket offices, rather it needs staff on the
floor helping with things. German systems are often near enough completely
unstaffed. So I broadly support the idea.

(as well as the in station options) German (/Italian/Belgium/Dutch/Spanish)
systems normally work on the basis of there being a prepaid "carnet" or
strip ticket (or smart card), which you buy from manned newsagents (etc), so
the comparison is entirely false, IMHO.

tim

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.