Old November 22nd 13, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
.net...
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:50:17 +0100, "tim......"
wrote:
(as well as the in station options) German

(/Italian/Belgium/Dutch/Spanish)
systems normally work on the basis of there being a prepaid

"carnet" or
strip ticket (or smart card), which you buy from manned newsagents

(etc), so
the comparison is entirely false, IMHO.

You mean like, say, Oyster?

no Oyster requires you to own a one time purchase card which has limited
supply outlets

German transit systems let you buy a paper ticket for immediate travel, from
thirs party agents

Hamburg doesn't and never has had, btw. It has a fare structure very
similar to London.

Are you sure

Long time since I was there but I'm sure that they had strip cards

tim

Neil

--
Neil Williams. Use neil before the at to reply.