Old November 22nd 13, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On 22/11/2013 19:32, Neil Williams wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:50:07 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:
You're clearly happy to see all the offices shut and to put up with
impersonal ways of dealing with problems.

Yes, TBH, I am. I want a public transport system to be efficient,
punctual, fast, reasonably comfortable and cheap. I don't want a chat,
and if I did I wouldn't consider it the taxpayer's role to subsidise
it. I think the German "no staff other than the drivers" model works
excellently and we would do well to adopt it, other than that we
probably need barriers and a few staff on those because of higher levels
of dishonesty.
So I fear we must agree to disagree.

No-one ever seems to complain that British tram stops are totally
unmanned (unlike Istanbul), and so are escalators (unlike Moscow).

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK