Old November 22nd 13, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
"Neil Williams" wrote

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 Mizter T wrote:

I'm not sure all banks are issuing them, and even if they do they won't
necessarily issue them to every category of customer.

People said that of Chip and Pin.

The banks still issue signature cards, eg to disabled clients who request them.

And of course there are the foreigners.

I noticed that supermarket self-checkouts allow for the possibility.

Yes, including when they can't read a chip and pin card. Swiping and
signing is nearly always an option at most card readers.