Old November 23rd 13, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 22/11/2013 15:10,
wrote:

In article ,
(Mizter T)
wrote:
[...]
You can only add less than £5 to Oyster at a ticket stop. I don't use
the tube enough to add that much at a time.

It would still be there for when you next want to use it Colin, as
you well know.

It could be in a year's time as my wife found out.

I don't know what happened with your wife, but the money stays on the
card.

She only found out a year later she's been diddled nearly a tenner. Wouldn't
have been possible if her credit was limited to what she needed for her
trip. All this sloppy "add a tenner" helps TfL get away with ripping people
off for their faulty hardware as happened to her. I also object making
interest free loans to TfL for months at a time.

Anyhow, you can add less than £5 at Tube ticket machines, ditto for
NR ticket machines that do Oyster top ups.

Only with exact change. Sorry, I meant to add that.

True - though for NR (and LO) ticket machines, one can choose an
amount and receive change.

Ah! Have never topped up at such machines so didn't realise that.

--
Colin Rosenstiel