Old November 23rd 13, 07:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In message , at 23:47:07 on Fri, 22
Nov 2013, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:
I'm not sure all banks are issuing them, and even if they do they
won't necessarily issue them to every category of customer.

People said that of Chip and Pin.

The banks still issue signature cards, eg to disabled clients who
request them.

The only time I tried they refused point blank. But then I didn't have a
reason other than "I'd like to have at least one non C&P card".

And of course there are the foreigners.

I noticed that supermarket self-checkouts allow for the possibility.

That's so they can continue to trade if the POS system is down.