Old November 23rd 13, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_3_] Peter Masson[_3_] is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"Roland Perry" wrote

A good question. Do resident children have some sort of "toddler Freedom
Pass" these days? When I tried to buy tube tickets for my children on a
visit to London a few years ago I couldn't, because the machines wouldn't
sell them and the ticket office at the station was unmanned.

Children aged 5 - 10 travel free on London Buses, and free on London
Underground if accompanied by a fare-paying or Freedom Pass holding adult.
Children of this age also travel free unaccompanied if they hold an Oyster
Photocard - this is available to non-resident children as well as London
residents.

Children aged 11 - 15 travel at child fare, but need an Oyster Photocard to
obtain the Oyster child fares (which are much lower than cash Child fares).
It does appear that there are some child fares only available from ticket
offices (e.g the £2 Day Travelcard available to children accompanying a Gold
Card or Network Card holder.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx and click on therelevant tabs.

Peter