Old November 23rd 13, 07:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On Saturday, 23 November 2013 08:56:21 UTC, Roland Perry wrote:
When I tried to buy tube tickets for my children on a

visit to London a few years ago I couldn't, because the machines

wouldn't sell them and the ticket office at the station was unmanned.

Was it open and unmanned or closed and unmanned?
When the ticket office is open it is not possible to buy child tickets from th machines.
However, staff sometimes wander away from their position to make tea, do some banking etc.