Old November 24th 13, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

Mizter T writes:

On 22/11/2013 14:33, Neil Williams wrote:

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:38:22 +0000, Mizter T wrote:
I'm not sure all banks are issuing them, and even if they do they
won't necessarily issue them to every category of customer.

People said that of Chip and Pin.

No - Chip and PIN became a standard.

Contactless transactions inherently don't feature online authorisation
with the bank, because there isn't enough time.

When I use contactless payment in the local Co-op, the machine still
goes through the same calling acquirer, authorised messages it does when
I use my pin.

Phil