Old November 24th 13, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
14:57:55 on Sun, 24 Nov 2013,
remarked:
if they can't the application has to be completed and the card
issued at a Travel Information Centre.

Where are they? The only ones I was familiar with are St James's
Park and Trafalgar Square, and I thought they'd both been closed. Is
there one at Heathrow, so the arriving tourist can get their card
before catching the tube?

I thought St James's Park Travel Information Centre closed the best
part of a decade ago?

Could be as long ago as that. It always seemed to me that if they
couldn't justify such an outlet in their own HQ building, was there
ever a future for ones outside.

There was at least one other left open when it closed.

According to the TfL website, Travel Information Centres are
currently at: Liverpool St, Piccadilly Circus, Euston, Victoria,
Kings Cross[1] and Heathrow T123.

[1] Western Ticket Hall, St Pancras. I have to say I've never noticed
it. Will pay more attention next time I'm there.

You and me both! And I've tended to use the Western ticket hall for
preference until last year.

--
Colin Rosenstiel