Old November 24th 13, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:57:55 -0600,

wrote:

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

But TfL intend to keep a few offices at major tourist entry points.

Do they have one at King's Cross St Pancras even now? Must be second only
to Heathrow for arriving tourists. There are always gargantuan queues at
the ticket offices now.

And at the ticket machines. With the recent diversions that routed NR
passengers to the Northern ticket hall there were ridiculous queues at
the ticket office and machines. Previously it was the old Tube ticket
hall that took the brunt of the queues.

I was there with a group from Cambridge one Saturday including two
unfamiliar with London. They had bought London Terminals Day Returns when
the rest of us had bought Travelcards. We arrived on Platform 10 I think. I
took one look at the queue in the Northern ticket hall and two of us took
pity and lent them our own (spare) Oyster cards to get where we were going.
The old tube ticket hall was no better.

--
Colin Rosenstiel