Old November 25th 13, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On 22/11/2013 16:59, Neil Williams wrote:

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:20:07 +0000, Mizter T wrote:
I don't think that, for example, basic bank account holders will
get CPC cards because of this issue.

Probably not. But I am sure all banks will issue to any standard debit
card eligible customer, as people will generally want them.

I wouldn't be so sure of that - there appears to be a different (i.e.
more stringent) issuance criteria for contactless-enabled cards. I'll
try and remember to ask a friend who should know about such things.

* Barclays
http://www.barclays.co.uk/Helpsupport/Barclayscontactlessdebitcards/P1242561764200

Under the "How do I get it?" tab:
"Contactless debit cards are subject to status and application."

~

* HSBC
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/customer-support/card-services/using-your-card/contactless

Under the "I have some questions" tab, in the first FAQ ("About
Contactless technology":

"Q. How can I get a contactless card?
A. Tailor based on contactless card issuance policy"

~

*** NatWest
http://www.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/g4/cards/contactless.ashx

Overview tab:
"We are now issuing Visa Debit cards with contactless technology to all
eligible customers."

"How do I get a contactless card?" tab:

"-I've just opened a new NatWest current account-

If you're eligible, a Visa Debit card with contactless technology will
be issued as standard when you open your current account with us.
I'm already a NatWest customer

-I'm already a NatWest customer-

If you’re eligible, a Visa Debit card with contactless technology will
be issued as standard when your current Visa Debit card needs replacing.
[...]"