Old November 26th 13, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_3_] Peter Masson[_3_] is offline

Default Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

"David Cantrell" wrote

Probably. And she would if she lived in London because she'd have some
species of Freedom Pass.

Things get more complicated because my father is a BR pensioner, so they
both get priv rate travel on the tube. I'm guessing that that won't be
available via ticket machines!

When it still existed I was once in the queue at Bromley South Travel Centre
(run then by South East Trains). Someone who I took to be a widow of a BR
staff member was arranging ticketing for a journey to Wickford. It took a
considerable time to issue the correct ticket (Priv Return BZ6 to Wickford,
as her Freedom Pass would take her to BZ6) and explain to her what she would
need to show if she was gripped. The whole fare, let alone the Commission,
wouldn't have paid the clerk's time in arranging the transaction.

Peter