Old December 1st 13, 10:29 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Corfield View Post
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 11:54:19 +0100, Robin9
wrote:

I have just received an email from TfL which may be of general
interest:

"Thank you for taking part in our consultation earlier and/or
registering for Crossrail 2 project updates.

We are now able to update you on the consultation results and let you
know that the consultation results report is now available online at
www.crossrail2.co.uk.

We are now working through the suggestions and comments made during the
consultation. We hope to be able to publish our response to issues
raised in the early spring 2014.

There were a total of 13,933 replies to the recent consultation: 13,767
were from the public and 166 from stakeholders

Of the 13,767 replies received, 96% of the public respondents strongly
support or support the principle of Crossrail 2. Only 2% oppose or
strongly oppose the principle.

Support is high for both route options, but it is the Regional option
which has the greatest overall level of support, with 84% total support, against
73% total support for the Metro option. Many of the responses received,
requested specific destination to be served.

Of the 166 stakeholder replies received, 86% strongly support or support
the principle of Crossrail 2. Only 3% oppose or strongly oppose the
principle.

The Regional option has strong support from stakeholders, with 75% strongly supporting or supporting this option, as opposed to just 36% who
strongly supported/supported the Metro option. Only 6% of stakeholders opposed or strongly opposed the Regional option.
16% of stakeholders strongly opposed or opposed the Metro option.

As with public responses, a number of specific destinations were
requested to be served."

It would be interesting to know how many of the public respondents live outside London.

A summary of the responses is given in a 192 page document. I skimmed
it yesterday. People in Kensington and Chelsea near the Kings Road
seem to be particularly opposed to the line.

There seems to have been a bit of a campaign in Merton and Wandsworth
to generate support for Crossrail 2 with some demands for Lots Road
and Battersea to be served. There are also predictable supportive

There is quite a spread of comments from Stakeholders outside of
London with a decent spread of responses from councils in the Home
Counties. Oddly East Hertfordshire is not keen on being served by
Crossrail 2.

Several east London boroughs and Thurrock are annoyed that a
previously proposed eastern branch has been scrapped.

I didn't respond to this consultation as I didn't really agree with
either of options put forward. I agree there should be more rail
capacity but neither scheme made much sense to me.
--
Paul C
I'm sure many people in Kensington & Chelsea would like an Underground

I agree that neither of the two options being touted is the best that could
have been imagined. I'm surprised this point hasn't been brought home to TfL.