Old December 6th 13, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Crossrail 2 - The Hype And The Consultation

On 2013-12-02 18:02:13 +0000, Robin9 said:

Our ex-Mayor, one Ken Livingstone, frequently asserts on LBC on Saturday
mornings that instead of spending a fortune on HS2 we should build just
such a tunnel across London.

It's sobering that Ken - along with many of us - will probably not live
to see Crossrail 2 go into service at current rate of progress, so the
orginal tunnel could well have been in place before he goes.

Sorry, not quite following you - which "original tunnel" - Crossrail 1
you mean?

One point form the consulation is that Essex Road is said to be one of
the busiest bus stops which would make dropping this station a poor
decision I think.

(A response says: "Essex Road and Walworth Road have the highest volume
of bus passengers in London - true?)

There are 'only' five routes along Essex Road, whilst are nine that
travel the length of Walworth Road. Would be interesting to know if that
comment was true.