Old December 14th 13, 07:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Cheaper 'Advance' tickets on the Stansted Express - £12 each way

In message , at 13:04:03
on Fri, 13 Dec 2013, remarked:

And talking about their trains, they appear to have downgraded the
Cambridge-Ely-Norwich service to 2-car trains at the recent timetable
change. During the day that won't be too much of an issue, but if
it's a permanent thing, in the rush hours I can foresee quite a bit
of over- crowding especially between Cambridge and Ely.

Are you sure it wasn't just an occasional instance?

When a 2-car turned up for my trip to Cambridge yesterday it confirmed
my suspicion - I'd only seen 2-car all week. The first day was last
Sunday, and I thought it might have been a substitution due to being a
Sunday, but it appears to have carried on all week.

They have 8 three-car units, bought for the Anglia franchise and 4
two-car units bought for the Cambridge-Norwich service launch in 2002.

They were using 3-car on the Peterborough-Ipswich too (quite a step up
from when the service was run with a dogbox). Today I'll try to look out
for specific trains.