Old December 14th 13, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cheaper 'Advance' tickets on the Stansted Express - £12 each way

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 08:01:47 on Sat, 14 Dec
2013, Roland Perry remarked:

They were using 3-car on the Peterborough-Ipswich too (quite a step up
from when the service was run with a dogbox). Today I'll try to look
out for specific trains.

All three (CambridgeNorwich and PeterboroughIpswich) just now were
3-car. So the 2-car I've been seeing all week do seem to be the odd
ones out, if this keeps up all day.

The 2-car units are meant for the Cambridge-Ipswich service these days. Use
of 3-car units on Peterborough-Ipswich is normal. They used to carry on to
Colchester or Liverpool St. The ending of services into Liverpool St (From
Lowestoft if not from Peterborough) released enough 3-car units to cascade
them to the Cambridge-Norwich service and 2-car units to end the use of
single car trains on Cambridge-Ipswich.

--
Colin Rosenstiel