Old December 17th 13, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Airport expansion: Heathrow runway 3 and Gatwick runway 2 constitute

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:31:35 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2013\12\17 17:13, d wrote:
Too small for what? Too small to have even more transit passengers spending
hardly any money in the UK in the few hours they spend here before they fly
off again? Too bad. There is more than enough runway capacity in the

southeast,
we don't need any more. If BA gave up its regional slots at heathrow there'd
be no issue there either. Theres zero good reason for flights to leeds and
newcastle from london in the first place when the train can do the job
perfectly adequately, and such flights if they must happen could easily be
done from City or Luton.

.... which would cause people flying from Australia to Newcastle or Leeds
to change at Frankfurt or Amsterdam instead.

Umm , so? They'll still be coming to the UK. I think the UK economy can handle
the lost sales of crap in duty free while they wait for their connecting
flight if it means we don't have even more flights blighting the southeast.

This whole airport expansion argument comes across as a juvenile mines bigger
that yours ****ing match. Its pathetic.

--
Spud