Old April 12th 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cameron Davies Cameron Davies is offline

Default Upgrading GNER ticket to First Class

Tomorrow, I'll be travelling on the return portion of a Standard Open
Return from Peterborough-Zone 1 back north (price £56). The
equivalent any permitted First Open Return is £84 - i.e. £28 more
expensive. If I were to go to the GNER ticket office tomorrow morning
and request my return portion be upgraded/excessed to First Class, do
I just pay £14 (as the £28 difference is for the return ticket and I'm
only making the single leg)? Do I also have to pay an admin fee for
this?

If the price is only £14, then I'll definitely upgrade my ticket and
use the 1st Lounge at Kings Cross.

Thanks for any advice.