Old April 12th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Not Yet Freedom

In message ,
CharlesPottins writes
My Freedom Pass was due for renewal on March 31, in fact I think that date was
general, but when I went to a local post office where it was issued they had a
sign saying that new passes had not yet arrived (or it may have said they were
out of stock). I heard the young guy in front who had come to renew his Mum's
pass being told that the old ones' life (the cards, that is) was being extended
for another month. So I didn't bother waiting my turn.
I have found that bus drivers are recognising the old pass and at the tube
station the staff will open the barrier for me if necessary, so no problem
there, and only the slightest of delays, if any.
But I wonder how the people responsible for supplying the new passes (I
understand they are Oysters) managed to underestimate demand or failed to meet
what was their own deadline?

I do know that there are a great many faulty ones around which when
placed on the readers appear to be completely, um, dead....
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.