Old December 21st 13, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Tree bash

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:55:37 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
Roland Perry wrote on 20 December 2013 22:16:19 ...
Not the first I think (previous one was perhaps 7-8 years ago not that
far away in south London).

The previous tree bash that I remember was in Tower Bridge Road in 2008,
when a passing pedestrian was killed by a falling branch. In that case,
the tree was leaning over the carriageway, and there were concerns about
similar leaning trees all over London.

This latest crash looks quite different. Reports say that the bus
swerved to avoid a car. It then ran off the road and collided head-on
with the tree. As far as I can see the whole width of the trunk ended
up inside the bus.

Sadly I'm not surprised this bus driver lost control. I've been using buses 2
or 3 times a week for the last few months and the standard of bus driving
varies from ok to bloody appalling and with most drivers not giving a flying
**** whether people are still climbing the stairs as they floor the throttle
and swerve off into the road.

--
Spud