Old April 12th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Thomas Covenant Thomas Covenant is offline

Default Disabled 'to sue for Tube access'

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:42:12 GMT, Steve wrote:

Does anybody why wheelchair users are allowed to travel for free?

Actually, before you do, let me make one thing clear - I am all for making
travel in London more accessible for wheelchair-bound and disabled people. I
think we all agree on this point - why should they be discriminated against?

But I have a problem with the fact that they are allowed to travel free? Is
this not rather discriminatory in itself?

I suspect that *most* wheelchair passengers would be entitled to a
normal TfL disabled pass.

--
Thomas Covenant
Please observe reply to Address.