Old December 22nd 13, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tree bash

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 15:41:03 on Sun, 22
Dec 2013,
d remarked:
Clearly until there is an outcome from the investigation all of that
is speculation as is allocating "blame" to the bus driver when he was
not the person that triggered the events that caused the collision
with the tree.

Unless the tree jumped in front of his bus then he has to share part of
the blame. No competent driver is going to avoid hitting a car just to
drive into a tree instead.

If he stayed on the road (it's not obvious from the reports/pictures
that he didn't) then I don't blame a bus driver for assuming any
potentially conflicting roadside trees have been cleared away.

(Low bridges are an entirely different matter).

I think you are wrong there. He was certainly heading off the road to hit
the tree in that manner.

--
Colin Rosenstiel