Old January 3rd 14, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster refund at LRH

On 03/01/2014 10:27, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 20:05:59 on Thu, 2 Jan 2014,
Mizter T remarked:
Can't be many non-chip UK passports left now.

British passports with chips were introduced in March 2006, according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport#Countries_using_biometric_passp orts

So another two years and two months before the last non-chipped
British passports expire (and that's excluding all the inevitable
exceptions - I've a feeling that Brit passports issued by embassies
overseas weren't issued with chips until a later date).

So less than a quarter of the old one left.

See my follow-up post - non-chipped continued to be issued until end of
2006 - but my point was in response to "Can't be many non-chip UK
passports left now" - I'd say there'd be quite a few.